The Payroll Specialist takes ownership of the timely and accurate processing of employee information and payroll for employees. Ensures accurate posting to projects from payroll and correct payroll allocations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains payroll information by entering transaction information, collating, preparing journal entries, and reconciling general ledger accounts related to payroll accounts.
- Completes final set-up of new employees into Dynamics GP adding pay codes, time off accrual schedules, project assignments for timesheets, payroll tax setups, and direct deposit and prenote information.
- Adds pay rates, changes to rates, tax changes, project changes, direct deposit changes, payroll deductions, and 401K changes into Dynamics GP software.
- Research payroll tax and other required reporting to new and existing states
- Prepares Reconciling and Audit Work papers on payroll related or other general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Assists with calculations of Overtime and call time related to commissions. May assist with running benefit allocations and providing reporting to accountants.
- Assist or prepare monthly and quarterly payroll tax returns which may include federal and state income and social security taxes, unemployment taxes, or worker’s compensation taxes or other payroll employment related fees.
- Month-end closing responsibilities.
- Resolving payroll discrepancies and answering employee payroll inquiries.
- Assisting with processing and issuing of annual W-2 forms to employees.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by Payroll Manager. *
*These tasks do not meet the Americans with Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Dynamics GP payroll module helpful
- Highly skilled in math, accounting, and financial processes with strong analytic and critical thinking skills
- High proficiency in Excel, Word, and payroll processing software
- Knowledge of payroll laws and regulations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to multitask in a role with specific deadlines.
- Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
- Ability to pay close attention to details.
- Confidentiality and respect for privacy of employee records.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance helpful
- Minimum 3 to 5 years Payroll Processing Experience
- Certification through the American Payroll Association, CPP or PFC designation helpful
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Payroll and or Project Accounting experience helpful
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org