The OSP Field Installation and Repair Technician Level 1 position is an entry level technician position, with training you will eventually be responsible for service deployment and trouble resolution for our expanding fiber network. GoNetspeed values prior experience, but also provides extensive on the job training in the various technologies and techniques used to break into this exciting industry. There is opportunity for advancement as a technician through our tech level program. This position is a great fit for individuals who love to work on modern technology, like to work independently, and are willing and interested in learning new things.
As an OSP Field Installation and Repair Technician Level 1 you will provide Premise Installation and Service support for Fiber to The Home (FTTH) services in a manner that aligns with the Company Culture, Mission, Vision, Values, Policies, Procedures, while meeting Safety and Installation Quality standards and delivering a Top-Level Customer Experience. Treat our customers with honesty and integrity and provide high quality affordable communications services. At GoNetspeed, we appreciate, recognize, and value the efforts of our employees. We also take an active role in the communities we serve through participation in area events and support of local organizations.
To expand our role as a premier communications provider; dedicated to our customers, employees and the communities we serve; through the delivery of innovative communication and technology solutions to businesses and residences, both rural and urban.
- Provide a high level of customer service while also educating customers on the use of products and services.
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair services for Fiber To The Home (FTTH) customers.
- Complete installs for new services and equipment for customers by installing fiber drops, network interface devices, in-home wiring, and wireless routers in accordance with company standards.
- Recognize and understand how to configure the customer’s equipment to connect to the Internet via modem/wireless router.
- Connects home units to outside lines; runs or installs new lines as needed.
- Configures and installs FTTH Internet devices.
- Troubleshoot customer’s home network to isolate and resolve service-related issues
- Demonstrates and teaches customers how to use installed hardware & service.
- Maintains inventory of supplies on trucks and requisitions necessary supplies.
- Completes in detail all required Outside Plant related forms and reports.
- Adheres to all safety protocols, guidelines, and checklists.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must communicate well, both verbally and in writing with individuals, both internal and external to the company.
- Responsible for familiarization and operation of all company supplied test gear and safety practices.
- Ability to communicate and present self in a personable and professional manner.
- Must possess ability to multitask and manage multiple projects and assigned tasks to completion in an organized and efficient manner.
- Ability to work independently or effectively in a team environment.
- Will need to perform administrative tasks such as record keeping and documentation with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in different environments including inside, outside, inclement weather, attic, crawlspaces, new construction, existing work environment and on a ladder.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience or ability to be trained to configure and support customer routers.
- Must be able to analyze and solve problems and perform effective troubleshooting.
- Ability to operate tools, vehicles, and construction equipment safely and skillfully.
- Ability to work independently and make sound technical decisions.
- Ability to communicate while effectively functioning as an OTELCO team player.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and react to that detail accordingly.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma and training or work experience in and outside plant telephony voice and data practices. Associates Degree in computer technology or other technology focus is a plus.
All tools and test equipment required in the performance of required duties are supplied by GoNetspeed. This position will report to the assigned Supervisor with regular scheduled work hours of 8 AM to 4:30 PM. Flexibility of scheduled hours is required due to the nature of this position. Availability to work long days, weekends and at times overtime is also a requirement of this position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com