Customer Service Representative’s focus is the customer. Customer Service Representatives are the main point of contact for both internal and external clientele. Representatives are responsible for creating and maintaining a positive relationship with all GoNetspeed’s customers and must always project a professional and knowledgeable image when dealing with them. Currently, we offer traditional telephone, Broadband, security systems, and streaming services. However, in the telephony industry, new products and services are being considered daily. Representatives must be able to adapt to changes within the organization and within our industry requiring them to gain both the skill and product knowledge to offer new equipment and services as needed.
All CSR’s will handle billing analysis; enter service orders for installations, removals, or changes for traditional telephone services, broadband services, security systems, and TV services. They must have the knowledge and ability to instruct customers how to operate their services and features; assist customers with their electronic billing and payments; and sell and promote services for both new and existing customers. In addition, CSR’s are responsible for entering payments, balancing batches, collections processes and performing a variety of different functions that update customer records in the billing system.
Essential Job Functions:
- CSR’s provides customer service by assisting customers with new service requests, service plan changes, disconnects and service questions or concerns, in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- CSR must be proficient in organizing and prioritizing of tasks through completion including documenting all activity related to tasks.
- CSR’s must be able to multitask and document all customer contact real time within the billing system. They must be proficient in the creation, modification and closing of customers services and accounts.
- CSR’s will perform billing analysis. This includes customer account reconciliation including federal and state taxes and surcharge explanations
- CSR’s may be required to go to the post office or bank when necessary, during business hours.
- CSR’s may load ANI’s with underlying carrier for off net toll and any other ancillary services.
- CSR’s may perform review procedure for Service Order process to ensure compliance of SOP.
- CSR’s will process appropriate paperwork as needed for all customers.
- CSR’s will promote and sell services to new customers/up sell services to existing customers via inbound customer contacts, or as determined on outbound sales campaigns. CSR’s will have sales goals based on general selling and specific campaigns. A commission plan is offered for sales/upsells made.
- All CSR’s will have a working knowledge of pricing, availability and function of the services and equipment available to their customers across our service footprint.
- CSR’s will prepare and send ordered equipment and pertinent information to customers including letters, notifications, welcome packets and required equipment use instructions.
- CSR’s will respond to customer correspondence via phone, email, and mail, documenting or attaching all correspondence (voice or electronic) in the customer’s account.
- CSR’s will receive and process customer payments by mail, phone, online, or by ACH. Once processed, daily balancing is required. CSR’s are also responsible for assisting Accounting with any questions or discrepancies.
- CSR’s may generate temporary disconnection for non-payment (TDNP) orders for customers who fail to make payments by the specified due date.
- CSR’s will assist customers with payment arrangements, paperwork, and payment extensions via phone, email, mail, and internet communications, updating the billing system as needed.
- CSR’s may actively monitor TDNP’d accounts for payments made and generate reconnect orders to restore service.
- CSR’s will receive and process payments returned for insufficient funds, including notifying the customer, updating the account, assessing fees, and reversing the rejected payment.
- CSR’s may act as collections representatives to secure payments on active and terminated accounts. Delinquent accounts are reported to the collection agency, and the CSR works with the agency to ensure accuracy of accounts placed and payments received.
- CSR’s may debit and credit accounts for equipment purchases and returns through service order entry in the billing system.
- CSR’s will execute professional and effective communications with all other departments.
- CSR’s will be mindful of and adhere to all State and Federal rules and regulations as dictated by the company across the GoNetspeed’s footprints. This includes, but is not limited to: CPNI, FCRA,FACT, and Red Flags.
- CSR’s will research and resolve issues discovered via weekly error reports.
- CSR’s will perform all other related duties as assigned by management. **These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Knowledge of basic cashiering and bookkeeping practices
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, calculator, copier, fax, pdf,and telephone systems
- Skills in prioritizing and completing multiple projects
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Skill in identifying problems and resolutions
- Proficient with Word, Excel & Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to create and maintain spreadsheets in Excel
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes in job responsibilities
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to effectively function as a team player
- Ability to develop solutions to data processing problems
- Ability to improve or redesign procedures for specific job tasks
- Ability to locate and correct discrepancies in data
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professionaland courteous manner
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent plus five years of customer service experience.
- Seeing: 75-100%
- Must be able to read computer screen and various reports.
- Standing/Walking: 0-24%
- Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: 0-24%
- Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0-24%
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: 75-100%
- Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.
- Working Conditions: 75-100%
- Hearing: 75-100%
- Must be able to hear well-enough to communicate with employees and business contacts
This factor measures the surroundings or physical conditions under which a job must be done and the extent to which those conditions make the job disagreeable. Consider the presence and relative amount of exposure to dust, dirt, heat, fumes, contaminants, cold, noise, vibration, wetness, etc.
Good working conditions with the absence of disagreeable conditions.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
GoNetspeed is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, gender identity, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or disability.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@gonetspeed.com